The UBELONG Community reaches every corner of the world. Don’t be surprised if one day a career opportunity or key contact comes to you because of your UBELONG experience.
“The sense of community I received being part of the UBELONG Family was really special.” – Brian Delaporte, UBELONG Peru Volunteer from the United States – read his interview here.
When people are accepted into a UBELONG program they join a global group of individuals linked together by a passion to discover new places and make a positive impact on the world. The UBELONG network stretches across boundaries, institutions and languages.
As it directly relates to your volunteering placement with UBELONG, being part of the powerful UBELONG network means having the confidence that you are joining a program that is reputable, well-connected and at the forefront of international volunteering.
Beyond your volunteering placement, once you join the UBELONG community you are always a part of it. The UBELONG brand is widely known and respected. There are thousands of UBELONG alumni throughout the world who, even after they return home, continue being friends and supporting one another.
A few highlights of the UBELONG network:
- UBELONG Volunteers have come from over 45 countries and all walks of life, including some of the most prestigious organizations in the world.
- UBELONG Volunteers have leveraged their UBELONG experience to gain admission to top universities, including Stanford Medical School, Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies and the Columbia Business School; build their credentials to join government-backed positions, including with the Peace Corps, United Nations, World Bank and United States Foreign Service; sharpen their skills in support of their careers at companies like Goldman Sachs, Facebook, Google and Deloitte; and win countless awards, distinctions and scholarships.
- UBELONG has been featured in numerous publications for our work supporting social and environmental projects through our international volunteering and learning programs. Outlets that have prominently featured UBELONG include the BBC, Washington Post, Huffington Post and El Pais. See our press in our about us section.
- Through their UBELONG experience, our volunteers have been invited to participate at private meetings and events at some of the most prestigious venues, including the Cervantes Institute, Inter-American Development Bank, Points of Light, United Nations, U.S. Department of State and World Bank.
- UBELONG won the prestigious Points of Light Civic Accelerator, which was sponsored by Starbucks and PriceWaterHouseCoopers.
- UBELONG and our team are part of numerous important organizations, including the Young Entrepreneur Council (YEC) and Cornell Entrepreneur Network.