1) PICK A PROJECT
Explore our Volunteer Abroad opportunities and decide where you will go, what project you will join, when you will go, and for how long.
Apply online using our application form. It’s easy to fill out and you can submit it online.
Once we receive your application, within 72 hours we will:
- Determine your eligibility for the project you are choosing.
- Ensure there is an opening for you.
- If you are accepted, email you an Acceptance Letter. At this time we will also introduce you to your UBELONG Mentor, a highly qualified member of our team who will work with you to help make your UBELONG experience a great one.
Please note: For certain high skilled projects, for example NGO Support and Health projects, we need seven to ten days to complete the review process. If this extra time requirement applies, we indicate it in the “please note” section of each project’s description, which you should have already carefully read in picking your Volunteer Abroad project.
3) SUBMIT FORMS AND PAY FEES
Within three business days of receiving your Acceptance Letter, review and agree to our Volunteer Liability Waiver and Code of Conduct, and pay the fee as per the instructions that your UBELONG Mentor sends you.
The US$200 reservation fee is due right away. For the program fee:
- If the start date of your placement is more than 120 days away, then the program fee is due at least 120 days before your start date.
- If the start date of your placement is less than 120 days away, then the program fee is due right away with your reservation fee.
- You can pay via PayPal (which includes credit and debit card), bank wire, United States Postal Service money order or certified bank check. We do not accept cash or personal checks.
Your placement is only confirmed once we receive your Liability Waiver, Code of Conduct and fees. Once we receive these items, we will:
- Email you a Confirmation Letter to let you know we have received your documents and fees, and confirmed your placement.
- Email you the preparation materials, which includes a Preparation Booklet and Safety Video.
To learn about our cancellation and refund policy, see our terms and conditions.
4) PREPARE FOR YOUR TRIP
Once you are confirmed, review your Preparation Booklet, which offers a wealth of information about getting ready for your trip, as well as the Safety Video we will send you.
Additionally, work closely with your UBELONG Mentor to go over pre-departure details and any questions that you may have. You can also meet your UBELONG Mentor on Skype for a one-on-one Briefing Meeting.
Finally, connect with past, current and future UBELONG Volunteers on the UBELONG Facebook page.